GC Services student loan program is a SCAM!

Jul 03, 2013
review #425779

we filed a complaint with the BBB: GC services contacted me a few months ago because I was in default with one of my student loans.I enrolled in the program paying $390 a month for a total of 9 payments and the promise that I was going to be out of default at the end of the program and the benefits would be amazing after I was done with the 9 payments.

Now that I am almost done with the payments I am receiving calls from people harassing me and my wife saying that I am sending payments "voluntarily" and I need to be on a program to be out of default. They denied the fact that I was enrolled on the program and they say that they see no notes or anything to confirm that I am on a program with them and the fact that I spoke with representatives who helped me to enroll. I am not on the program but they are cashing the checks that we are sending them every single month!? They told my wife today that I can be enrolled starting now for a total of 9 to 12 payments starting on August 1st or I would be at risk of garnishment.

So they want us to make all the payments again?! We were really relying on the fact that we were almost done with the payments. We cannot afford starting the program from zero unless they send us the money that we paid. My wife keeps asking to talk with the manager named Greg who enrolled me in the program and he never returns her calls.

He is the one who helped us to be on the program that does not seem to exist.SCAM!!

658b47b
3.4
Had an experience with GC SERVICES?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
AgrussLawFirm1

Jul 02 Chicago, Illinois

You should send a letter to GC Services explaining the situation. Ask them to send you something in writing regarding the payments you made and what is still owed. If the underlying debt is a federal student loan, you'll want to be careful to avoid wage garnishment.

Rob

Jun 14 Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Gota call from these people,, stand in line idiots,,garnish what?....lmao..I'm already in a gasrnishmrnt..got to go trap some squirls to feed family.. Lmao

Annie

May 13

Yeah, as the two sages have pointed out. it is all your fault, because collection companies are always ethical and follow the law.
They would never lie to you...ever ,)
Always document your conversations, even record them where you can, so find out what your state laws are regarding recording. If they are on the up and up, they wont mind. If they refuse to green light, there is your answer.
Yep, it's irrefutable, this is your screw up, the sage told you so.

been ripped off

Apr 15

I don't understand I owed 22 thousand; they took my income tax check it was 7 thousand plus and they still say I owe 18,500. Where did they attend school and take math? The garnishment of my check in addition to this is about 3 hundred...what the ***? I'm going to request all payments and talk to an attorney. Something isn't right. Please if uve been wronged by this outfit please speak up..maybe someone will take notice.

Aug 20, 2013 San Bernardino, California

Thats funny because I am getting the exact same calls and there saying wage garnishments. smh. now there going to call me every 7 days to see if i did a loan consolidation.

Bearded Sage

Aug 07, 2013

Consider the possibility Dan has mentioned. If your loan type (for example: federally guaranteed student loan) requires documents to be returned, you have to return them! If you read said document, it is an agreement to bring your loan out of default after making 9 consecutive monthly payments (of an agreed-upon amount) in a 10 month period. The agreement also states you will continue repayment after "funding" until your loan is paid in full. If you re-default, the balance in full is due. If you don't sign and return the agreement, it isn't much of an agreement, is it? I'm sorry about the position you feel you are in, but you can do something about this. Any collector at an agency such as GC can help you, not just "Greg." Furthermore, you can request to have your repayment program "back-dated" so your consecutive payments since August would be considered for this funding process. Additionally, you can still be garnished at ANY TIME until your loan(s) are out of default. This is also true of the dreaded treasury (tax) offset or any SSI/SSDI offset, as well. I hope this helps.

Dan

Jul 17, 2013 Jacksonville, Florida

The payments you made on your loan are not going to GC Services pocket, they are being credited to your loan. What happened to you is you did not return your application which is the only thing you need to do besides making payments in order to be in the program. You can enroll into the program again since you were never officially in it. It is not costing you any additional money because once the program is completed you still have to pay on your loan anyway with your new lender. GC Services does not make any money based on you paying on the loan, they make it based on your completing the program.

×
You were reading a complaint about GC SERVICES.
Filing a new complaint about
×