9.6K views

we filed a complaint with the BBB: GC services contacted me a few months ago because I was in default with one of my student loans.I enrolled in the program paying $390 a month for a total of 9 payments and the promise that I was going to be out of default at the end of the program and the benefits would be amazing after I was done with the 9 payments.

Now that I am almost done with the payments I am receiving calls from people harassing me and my wife saying that I am sending payments "voluntarily" and I need to be on a program to be out of default. They denied the fact that I was enrolled on the program and they say that they see no notes or anything to confirm that I am on a program with them and the fact that I spoke with representatives who helped me to enroll. I am not on the program but they are cashing the checks that we are sending them every single month!? They told my wife today that I can be enrolled starting now for a total of 9 to 12 payments starting on August 1st or I would be at risk of garnishment.

So they want us to make all the payments again?! We were really relying on the fact that we were almost done with the payments. We cannot afford starting the program from zero unless they send us the money that we paid. My wife keeps asking to talk with the manager named Greg who enrolled me in the program and he never returns her calls.

He is the one who helped us to be on the program that does not seem to exist.SCAM!!

Had an Experience with Gc Services?

Comments

It's really sad that so many of the comments are from students that now believe that gc services is a scam.Not working with gc services will only hurt you, not help your loan situation.

The department of education sends your defaulted loans to gs services, this is a legitimate company. Yes, you must make your 9 qualifying payments but you also must send in all of your required paperwork in a timely fashion. Without that paperwork they cannot even verify that you are for sure making the correct payment amount each month. Once all of your paperwork is in your monthly payment may even be lowered depending on what info they get from your paperwork.

Without sending all of your paperwork in you are essentially only making a voluntary payment toward your overall loan verses a qualifying payment towards the loan rehabilitation program. Once you send all of your paperwork in, it is your responsibility to call them after a couple of days and verify that they received it all and it is in fact filled out correctly. Faxes fail, even with a confirmation page, that only confirms you sent it, not that they received it, anyone who has used a fax machine for business on a regular basis knows how often they don't go thought correctly. Mail can get lost, delayed or misplaced.

Even if you decide to take a picture and email them your agreement letter there is a chance that it will be too blurry to read. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FOLLOW-UP WITH ANY COMPANY THAT YOU...

If it was a scam they wouldn't need to ask it everytime, they would take your info the 1st time and run with it. Also a simple Google search can find most people's addresses, if it were a scam they would be asking you for more pertinent information such as your social security number or such. There are a lot of scams out there and one does have to be carefully. However, the real gc services company is a legitimate company that you will only benefit from working with.

If you ever have any doubt as to if someone is trying to scam you with your student loans feel free the contract the Department of Education independently and ask them who they have servicing your loans and request that companies phone number from them. Not working with the authorized collection agency will only eventually cause you to have your wages garnished, your income taxes seized and any court rulings or settlements in your favor (a divorce settlement or wrongful termination lawsuit winnings, etc.) taken from you to help pay off your student loans. Be responsible, take the opportunity to get out of default seriously and follow through with all requirements and the program will only benefit you. I hope this helps.

I wasn't going to write anything but I truly hated reading all of the misinformation as to how you should handle working with a legitimate collection agency.Best of luck!

Columbus, Ohio, United States #1273045

My experience was awesome going thru this company and completing the program.

Newport News, Virginia, United States #1251376

Hello, I'm going through almost the exact same thing!I'm on my ninth payment, and trying yto get my loan overturned now it'sproblem after problem.

Every time I call, they want me to call Dept of Education to have them overturn the decision of my student loan. The latest thing is every piece of paperwork that was faxed they claim to never have gotten it. And I will need to refax it over again.

Good thing I keep my conformation sheets.I'm thinking this is a scam as well!

Concord, North Carolina, United States #1249002

If you sent in you paperwork dumb *** like they informed you in the beginning because the department of education calculates your poi to determine the min payment amount you wouldn't had that problem they tell you that when you sign up for the program paperwork is needed for the program to be complete and you dumb *** think you are just suppose to make payments that it no turn in your paperwork as told and answer the phone when they call then you wouldn't have been mad dumb *** don't say they a scam because your grown *** ain't listen shut the *** up then on top of that department of Ed refers you to GC that's how you know it's dumb *** lmao

to Anonymous Sand Springs, Oklahoma, United States #1257665

I can tell by you poor grammar and lack of reading comprehension that you are in fact, an ***

to Anonymous #1311224

You must work at GC services...

I believe the same thing this is the third time they contacted me every time they seem to not know my address or they said they seem to always make me verify as if they're trying to get all of my new information and my information however even though I gave him the first four numbers my ZIP Code and the first letter and last letter of the street name he said Sir I need you to say the whole thing and he said he was unable to verify me now at this time I told him they could not like contact me and if not I would sue them however just see you know when I called them back to make the payment my first initial one the lady said hello I asked for my representative by first name only I said do you happen to have anybody in the office name by that she said yeah I guess we do and then she said his last name which is the name you gave me and when I repeat and I said oh yeah that was his name she sad all I don't mom not sure I don't think we have anybody working here by the name so I realize that it is just a company a group 5 Connors that are really good at pretending that they are an agency working to resolve these issues for the student department

Hi. Was this resolved? I got a letter from them.

You must work for GC Services!!!things happen in people lives that may cause them a delay in paying their student loans.

I know there are people out there that just take out loans and never pay back but not everyone are idiots....***!!!!

I am so glad that I found this blog and did my research first before agreeing to this program.They just called me today and said all of the same things that you all are reporting.

I will not make any payments to them and will work on paying my student loans back on my own.

Thank you to EVERYONE!!!!!who shared their story.