9K views 28 comments

we filed a complaint with the BBB: GC services contacted me a few months ago because I was in default with one of my student loans.I enrolled in the program paying $390 a month for a total of 9 payments and the promise that I was going to be out of default at the end of the program and the benefits would be amazing after I was done with the 9 payments.

Now that I am almost done with the payments I am receiving calls from people harassing me and my wife saying that I am sending payments "voluntarily" and I need to be on a program to be out of default. They denied the fact that I was enrolled on the program and they say that they see no notes or anything to confirm that I am on a program with them and the fact that I spoke with representatives who helped me to enroll. I am not on the program but they are cashing the checks that we are sending them every single month!? They told my wife today that I can be enrolled starting now for a total of 9 to 12 payments starting on August 1st or I would be at risk of garnishment.

So they want us to make all the payments again?! We were really relying on the fact that we were almost done with the payments. We cannot afford starting the program from zero unless they send us the money that we paid. My wife keeps asking to talk with the manager named Greg who enrolled me in the program and he never returns her calls.

He is the one who helped us to be on the program that does not seem to exist.SCAM!!

Review about: Student Loan.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Gc Services?

Comments

Columbus, Ohio, United States #1273045

My experience was awesome going thru this company and completing the program.

Newport News, Virginia, United States #1251376

Hello, I'm going through almost the exact same thing!I'm on my ninth payment, and trying yto get my loan overturned now it'sproblem after problem.

Every time I call, they want me to call Dept of Education to have them overturn the decision of my student loan. The latest thing is every piece of paperwork that was faxed they claim to never have gotten it. And I will need to refax it over again.

Good thing I keep my conformation sheets.I'm thinking this is a scam as well!

Concord, North Carolina, United States #1249002

If you sent in you paperwork dumb *** like they informed you in the beginning because the department of education calculates your poi to determine the min payment amount you wouldn't had that problem they tell you that when you sign up for the program paperwork is needed for the program to be complete and you dumb *** think you are just suppose to make payments that it no turn in your paperwork as told and answer the phone when they call then you wouldn't have been mad dumb *** don't say they a scam because your grown *** ain't listen shut the *** up then on top of that department of Ed refers you to GC that's how you know it's dumb *** lmao

to Anonymous Sand Springs, Oklahoma, United States #1257665

I can tell by you poor grammar and lack of reading comprehension that you are in fact, an ***

to Anonymous #1311224

You must work at GC services...

I believe the same thing this is the third time they contacted me every time they seem to not know my address or they said they seem to always make me verify as if they're trying to get all of my new information and my information however even though I gave him the first four numbers my ZIP Code and the first letter and last letter of the street name he said Sir I need you to say the whole thing and he said he was unable to verify me now at this time I told him they could not like contact me and if not I would sue them however just see you know when I called them back to make the payment my first initial one the lady said hello I asked for my representative by first name only I said do you happen to have anybody in the office name by that she said yeah I guess we do and then she said his last name which is the name you gave me and when I repeat and I said oh yeah that was his name she sad all I don't mom not sure I don't think we have anybody working here by the name so I realize that it is just a company a group 5 Connors that are really good at pretending that they are an agency working to resolve these issues for the student department

Hi. Was this resolved? I got a letter from them.

You must work for GC Services!!!things happen in people lives that may cause them a delay in paying their student loans.

I know there are people out there that just take out loans and never pay back but not everyone are idiots....***!!!!

straight to the point

I am so glad that I found this blog and did my research first before agreeing to this program.They just called me today and said all of the same things that you all are reporting.

I will not make any payments to them and will work on paying my student loans back on my own.

Thank you to EVERYONE!!!!!who shared their story.

It is true.GC Services is a scam.

I finally called who holds my school loans and they have never heard of GC Services. They said these companies create a name and get multiple numbers and will call you and tell you that they are a program to help you with your loan. After that they take your payments and keep them.

They give you facts to get you to believe them as well such as wage garnishment.I'm glad I did my research before I even agreed to anything.